If you frequent downtown Seattle, or even if you simply drive by on I-5, chances are you’ve noticed the cranes. This can mean only one thing: business is booming and buildings are either being renovated or being erected. adsense banned . According to the Downtown Seattle Association, 106 projects are either under construction, about to break ground or have been completed since January 2014. Here are 5 things you should know about our city’s remarkably swift growth.
1. Downtown is more than just Amazon. While Amazon holds a large portion of valuable office space, other companies such as Weyerhaeuser, Expedia, Facebook and Apple have all chosen to set up shop in Seattle.
2. Seattle is embracing the “back to the city” movement. We are seeing a new anti-suburbia trend all across the country. People (especially millennials) want to live and work in culture-rich cities with walkable neighborhoods and accessible transit.
3. There is no shortage of projects. Beyond the current activity, there are several building plans in the queue, such as Wright Runstad’s 850-foot tower in Rainier Square, Greg Smith’s 880-foot skyscraper on Second Avenue and the enlargement of the Washington State Convention Center.
4. Seattle office space is cheap. In comparison to San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City and Boston, Seattle’s prices are competitive while still offering a city setting.
5. Figuring out Seattle’s infrastructure is of utmost importance. Transportation and traffic have proven to be major complications that accompany our city’s growth. A better transit system is vital to Seattle’s success.
For the full article, click here.